Thanks Scott.

WRKLNK DETAIL(*EXTENDED) is the way to go as you said and Yes I was
trying to follow some Symbolic links I made so I could document them.

When used there is another option available (using F23 to it) called "12
= work in Links".  Detail(*BASIC) does give that option.

Using option 12 did show the full path.

Regards
Steve

date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 01:26:03 -0500 (CDT)
from: Scott Klement <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Full Path of Object Link

I'm assuming (though you did't say) that you mean symbolic
links (object type SYMLNK) and not hard links, right?  (That
would make the most sense from the way yoi asked the
question.  But you made reference to WRKLNK and DSPLNK which
are capable of working with lots of different types of
objects, and not just symlinks.

To see where a symlink points to interactively, you can type:
WRKLNK DETAIL(*EXTENDED)
or
EDTF '/path/to'
or
QShell's "ls -l" commmand.

To do it programmatically, call the readlink() API.