From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Trevor Perry
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 12:14 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: [CPF0000] The globalization of COMMON,or is this the right
direction?

Joe,

Tonight, I was talking to a radiologist. He travels the country setting up
radiology services. Overnight, all radiology scans are reviewed by
radiologists in Australia. They pay an Australian office for the service,
and since this is a new area of work for them, they are now making more
money than ever before, since using the off-hour service. This is the
power
of globalization.

Fact, not Google Search.

This could just as easily have been India. But since the US has a trade
surplus to Australia
(http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c6021.html), it does not
matter? Why aren't American radiologists up all night?

And, while your census figures are interesting, I noticed they include
only
trade figures. For some reason you missed the actual value of the asset
investments by American companies in India - the FDI. Or do they not
count?

Trevor