Vern's right, there's nothing 'easy' about dbmon :)

JDBC & ODBC can be logged via the exit point support without significant
performance hit (we do it in a couple of our tools).  Server side SQL can be
run from many different interfaces (as Rob pointed out) so the only sensible
route there is STRDBMON.  You would want to be selective with DBMON rather
than running it system wide as it can impact performance if your shop drives
a lot of SQL.  Dbmon filtering's also where our tools have value add.

Elvis