Can you use a join-table clause in a delete statement?

I didn't think so, but maybe.

If not try:
WITH preserve AS (
  SELECT SCACCODE,TRLRNUM,ASNNUM,ORDERTYP,ORDERNUM,MIN(FDATE) AS FDATE
  FROM SSW85
  GROUP BY SCACCODE, TRLRNUM, ASNNUM, ORDERTYP, ORDERNUM
)
DELETE FROM SSW85 A
Where not exists( select *
                  from preserve P
                  where A.SCACODE  = P.SCACODE  AND
                        A.TRLRNUM  = P.TRLRNUM  AND
                        A.ASNNUM   = P.ASNNUM   AND
                        A.ORDERTYP = P.ORDERTYP AND
                        A.ORDERNUM = P.ORDERNUM AND
                        A.FDATE   = P.FDATE
                 )

The same format would work for the first request to:
WITH preserve AS (
  SELECT distinct SCACCODE,TRLRNUM,ASNNUM,ORDERTYP,ORDERNUM
  FROM SSW85
)
DELETE FROM SSW85 A
Where not exists( select *