I have been a programmer here for over 9 years.  The screen that has the
problem has been here longer then I have. We have literally hundreds of
programs that work the same way.  Neither I nor anyone else here has
ever seen that error and none of us have ever had to change the RSTDSP
parm.  In fact none of us generally use the option 14-CRTDSPF command,
we normally have been use to using option 17-Change using SDA and upon
exiting SDA compiling the display file.  Even though I am using WDSCi
and Code to work on my display files I still compile them this way out
of habit.  There is no way that I can figure out to even get to the
RSTDSP parm from the "Save DDS - Create Display file" screen that you
get upon exiting SDA.

I've looked around and our existing display file objects have RSTDSP set
to *YES.  I went ahead and asked all the programmers if anyone had
happened to change the default on the CRTDSPF parm RSTDSP to *NO just to
be sure and of course no one has but the default on it is *NO never the
less and appears to have always been.

Does the "Save DDS - Create Display file" when exiting SDA use the
CRTDSPF command?

I understand your reply Vern but I'm pretty sure something has change in
the system behavior somehow at least on our system and I'd like to know
what.

John.