On my SAVSYS from our old machine that I needed to get a folder off of the
IFS data was on the last tape of 2 and it was the last File Label on the
tape.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Larry Bolhuis
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 11:11 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Where is my IFS file on tape?

OK I guess I posed the question wrong. I have restored these things no
problem for years. I know the RST command and how to DSPTAP to find
them. What I *DO NOT* want to do is guess at which tape the file MAY be
on. I want to look at the object attributes of the current object and
know with certainty that it was backed up on Feb 27 2006 on tape volume
VOL123. I absolutely do NOT want to have to load tape X, try the RST
command or DSPTAP command. It's not there. Load tape X-1. Try the
commands again. In this case especially the tape is in a Data Center
miles away. We have to call them and have tapes mounted. Getting the
right tape loaded this way could take days!

- Larry

Rob Dixon wrote:
> Larry Bolhuis wrote:
>
> The command should be of the form
>
> RST DEV('/QSYS.LIB/TAP01.DEVD') OBJ(('/myobject')) LABEL(SAV?????)
SEQNBR(NN)

> At least, this has worked with V5R1 for me on several occasions when the
IFS has