On 2/14/06, Jeff Young <cooljeff913@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Try using the *BLDKEY in your FromKey / ToKey keywords, then listing the
> key values as a separate list.
>   Ex.  Cpyf File1 File2 *n *n *replace FromKey(*Bldkey (20050101))
> ToKey(*Bldkey (20051231))

Thanks Jeff.

CpyF       FromFile( CUMORL06 )  ToFile( *Print ) +
             FROMKEY( *BldKey ( &YearBegin )) +
               TOKEY( *BldKey ( &YearEnd   ))

When &YearBegin and &YearEnd are numeric (*dec 8,0), the compile fails with
CPD0776 "Variable &YEARBEGIN for parameter FROMKEY must be *CHAR", and ditto
for &YearEnd in ToKey.

When &YearBegin and &YearEnd are alpha (*char 8), the program compiles, but
it, it, it... wtf? It works!  <scratches head, losing hair>  Could have
sworn I tried that already, but I must have used "FROMKEY( 1 ( &YearBegin
))"  Well, that compiles as well, but copies more records than it should.
Hmmmph.  So *BldKey it is.

Tucking this one in my "How To" bin.

Thanks again!

- Dan