RE: Printing RTF files from iSeries (w/ or w/out Java)

fixed

On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 11:47 -0500, Walden H. Leverich wrote:

> Now, in past versions it was encumbent on the user to open the document
> (actually, the web app sends the document back) and hit print if they
> wanted a hard copy. In the new version we're trying to eliminate that
> step, especially since the documents need to print by the cashiers, and
> the end user probably doesn't have the cashiers printers setup on their
> PC. Hence our desire to print the RTF from the iSeries.

I've seen some rtf2ps functionality on linux.  Looks like it might be a
bear to port directly to the iSeries.

There are tons of links on google about printing rtf from java.

Lastly, word is supposed to be scriptable via it's activex contorol.  It
seems that you could pass the document to a pc with word installed on
it, and then force the document to load and print by remote command.

Regards,
Rich