Brian,

If you'd like to do all this in REXX on the iSeries I can send you
examples of how I do it from soup to nuts plus how you can work with the
following:

>> I compiled the CLP and ran it, but it doesn't appear to do anything
useful, and I'm not exactly sure where the problem exists.  I checked
the job log, but it doesn't give me any useful information.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Incidentally, when I log into the FTP site, it has this information:
UNIX Type: L8 Version: BSD-44.  Do I need to add some type of pause in
my script to allow for the prompts?<<<

First, there is no compiling in REXX and it runs fast, plus debugging
and retest are fast and easy.  Second, I can show you how to set up log
files so you can see what's going on in the FTP sessions.  Third, I can
show you how you can look for codes in the FTP session and perform tasks
accordingly.

I'll give you examples of my code so you can just plug in your values.

Let me know if you wish to pursue.

Take care,

Dave Odom
Arizona