midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>   5. Re: Intermittent allocation issue (Brad Porter)
>
>Thanks for the information.  I can not find either of those two
>possibilities occuring but still get the record lock.  Here is the job
>log.
>
>    5700    -   CALL PGM(GP5903CP)
>    1700    -   ALCOBJ OBJ((GPPTRPM *FILE *EXCL)) WAIT(600)
>    2300    -   DLTF FILE(QTEMP/GPPTRPMBK)
>Object GPPTRPMBK in QTEMP type *FILE not found.
>    2600    -   CPYF FROMFILE(GPPTRPM) TOFILE(QTEMP/GPPTRPMBK)
>   MBROPT(*REPLACE) CRTFILE(*YES) INCREL((*IF PMSTAT *EQ 'A'))
>Physical file GPPTRPMBK created in library QTEMP.
>Member GPPTRPM added to file GPPTRMPBK in QTEMP.
>No records copied from file GPPTRPM in GP#FILE.
>    3000    -   CLRPFM FILE(GPPTRPM)
>Member GPPTRMP already in use.
>Function check. CPF3130 unmonitored by GP5903CP at statement 3000,
>   instruction X'0025'.
>CPF3130 received by GP5903CP at 3000.  (C D I R)
>
>How is it possible for this to happen??????

Brad:

One slim possibility... You don't show what has been happening to GPPTRMP; we
can only see how you copy stuff out of it. I see that no records are copied,
but can't tell if that's because it's empty or simply because none of millions
of newly updated records meet the '(*IF PMSTAT *EQ 'A')' test.

Try this just prior to CLRPFM:

  OPNDBF  file( GPPTRMP ) option( *ALL )
  CLOF    opnid( GPPTRMP )

Note that it might even be necessary to do that for all associated logicals. I
don't know the structure you have.

The point is that the file might have had any number of updates earlier.
Various indexes might be rebuilding when you try to CLRPFM. By issuing an
open/close, you force the builds to complete before going on.

You might also try calling QUSRMBRD with format MBRD0300 and checking both the
Accesspath valid and Access path held flags on any associated access paths
before CLRPFM.

Or maybe you could get by with just DLYJOB 30, or some longer/shorter delay to
ensure that all is quiet before CLRPFM.

Guesswork, but not enough info on your app to think of anything else. It does
kind of fit with the 'intermittent' aspect though. Sometimes the system has
just been too busy.

Tom Liotta