I have to agree about obsolete tape drives.  Granted you may occasionally
run into a used drive rarely used by a company that went broke and it set
in receivership for years, or upgraded and instead of trading it in, left
it on a shelf.  Just like some people occasionally find a Chevy for $500
in the want ads and discover it's a 66 Corvette that's been on blocks for
40 years.   However a bulk of the time it's someone like me who got fed up
with the service man coming in every other week to work on the tape drive
and decided to upgrade to the latest IBM model.  Maintenance contract or
not, it's still downtime if the dang drive isn't working.