Hi all,

I would like to use a 720 as a backup system for a 520. On the i5, I've
done a 'go save 21' to an LTO1 tape. On 720, I started a manual IPL on
BASE CD (source option D). I choosed the option to select an alternate
installation device. I could select my LTO2 drive shown as a 3580 by the
system. But when I started microcode installation from alternate device,
the system couldn't find it. I have then installed microcode from the
CD. But after that I had the same problem while trying to install OS 5.3
: I could choose my drive, but could not install OS from it. I'm sure
microcode and OS are on the LTO1 tape. I could also load some user
libraries from it on the same 720. LTO2 drive is connected to the 720
through a 2729 IOA on bus number 2. I have still loaded successfully a
whole system on a 820 by using the same way. What's going wrong ?

Thanks.