Joe Pluta wrote:
> In addition to my normal bias of taking just about anything Scott says
> about sockets as gospel,

Oh so true.  All hail Saint Scott of Sockets (I think I'll refer to
Scott as S3 from now on <grin>).

> this particular bit of advice is simply golden
> in any sort of asynchronous environment.  It may costs you a few
> milliseconds in that extra turnaround, but it can save you hours or even
> days in debugging.

Well ... that's fine when you are writing both sides of the conversation
... in this case I'm talking to a server written by a different group of
developers.  They wrote the server without any input from me :(  I don't
have to like it ... but I do have to work with it.

Regardless ... this client & server code has been working fine for more
than a year.  This is the first problem we've ever encountered with it.

IBM is chewing on a trace now ... hopefully they will have some input
tomorrow.

david