     To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx&g= t;
     From: Evan Harris <spanner@xxxxxxxxxx>
     Sent by: midrange-l-b= ounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
     Date: 10/24/2005 03:09PM
     Subject: Re: Ops Console= problem

     Hi Paul

     As a first thing to try, there is a procedure= you can use to reset
     the Ops Console comms line.

     Using the cont= rol panel on the box:

     - Put the system into manual mode
     - Use the= Up and down buttons to select function 25
     - Press the enter button
     -= Use the Up button to select function 26
     - Press the enter button
     - P= ress the Down button to select function 65
     - Press enter

     You shou= ld now get a code on the control panel: D1008065 indicating
     the ops con= sole comms adapter has been de-activated

     To reactivate the adapter<B= R>
     - Use the down button to select function 66
     - Press the enter butt= on

     If the system successfully initializes the line code D1008066 wil= l
     appear in the control panel after a few minutes. From experience a <B
R>little patience here can be useful.

     Link to to the Technical Libra= ry Operations Console Line Reste
     Procedure:
     http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/1ac66549
a21402188625680b0002037e/9fd6e9c0f49e776f86256954004eb382?OpenDocument&
Highlight=0,ops,console,connection,problem

     From the Info Cente= r I was (eventually) able to obtain this link for
     troubleshooting Opera= tions Console problems which may be helpful as
     it contains suggestions = for a number of different possible problems.

     http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5
r3/topic/rzajr/rzajrtroubleshooting.htm

     Hope this helps

     R= egards
     Evan Harris

     At 02:34 a.m. 25/10/2005, you wrote:<B= R>

     >I can't seem to find anything in the archives on this.
     &gt= ;

          --
     This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) m= ailing
     list