> From: Trevor Perry
>
> Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) will always be cheaper than the
> Initial Cost of Acquisition (TCA). If you focus on TCA, you will
complain
> a lot (like you are now). If you focus on TCO, then you will come out
> on top in the end.

I BEG your pardon! <snf snf>  I am NOT complaining a lot.  You want to
see complaining a lot, go back and look at my rants about the WebSphere
3.5 to 4.0 fiasco, or the lack of a %MOVE BIF. <g>  No, this is just me
pissed off because IBM tried to slide this one under the door.  And in
fact, this could even have been unintentional obfuscation on their part;
they could have just figured it wasn't important, since as we know all
iSeries are sold with 128GB of RAM and 16 processors.

> And, if you ~are~ fine tuning, you now know to take 68GB into account
when
> you are sizing the machine pool. You have not lost it, it is
> just not showing in the numbers on the green screen information. No
> problem at all!

Now that I understand the situation, I agree.  But up until I asked the
question, nobody had a good answer.  You have to admit, 148MB of
disappearing RAM is a question that should be answered.

Joe