iTera's marketing sounds good.  Basically
- list the numbers of people who switched from Mimix full blown to iTera -
lots.
- list the numbers of people who switched from competitive products to
iTera - droves.
- list the number of people who switched from iTera to any Mimix product -
none.
- list the number of people who switched from Mimix H/A lite to iTera -
unknown.

Granted, annual maintenance fees may have been a big factor of the first
one and two.  But from the testomonials - not all of it.

Frankly I think IBM was hoping for some 'real' competition in the HA
marketplace to bring the high cost down.  Was choking a lot of customers
out of HA, including us.

Now if IBM would only build HA into the OS itself.  Much like how easy
Domino clustering is to set up.  Domino clustering we have implemented.
And fail over on a daily basis.

Just got this from an IBM marketing email.
U.S.: Learn about next-generation High Availability and DR technologies

  For many companies, religiously saving data to tape each day is
  the foundation of their disaster recovery (DR) strategy.  The
  trouble is, restoring data from tapes can take hours, the process
  has vulnerabilities and data is only complete up to the last tape
  saved.  Fortunately, there are many remarkable and affordable
  next-generation technologies that can help companies of all sizes
  increase the speed and completeness of their data recovery should
  it become necessary.  This informative paper from iTera outlines,
  the entire spectrum of DR tools and strategies for iSeries(TM)
  and provides a graphic representation of how each DR tool/strategy
  compares in terms recovery time (quickness of data recovery) and
  recovery point (the amount of data recovered).  Visit our Web site.
    http://www.iterainc.com/NGwhite_paper.php
    (See statement #1 at end of Weekly Update.)

To update your interest areas or
address--You can change or further
customize your list of iSource
interest areas anytime, or change your