To take my earlier National Model Railroad Association comparison a step further, and into the realm of a genuine analogy, what the NMRA founders did was as if we all got together and demanded that IBM (1) abandon all the slick bells and whistles in InfoCenter that just plain don't work, and go back to the Softcopy Library, (2) resume making Twinax terminals, (3) publish the specs for WP mode, (4) develop Twinax-based versions of all the things that currently require either OpsConsole, OpsNav, or the Administrative HTTP server, and (5) come out with an ILE-based Full-ANSI PL/I compiler, AND IBM ACTUALLY COMPLIED WITH THE DEMANDS.

--
JHHL