Hey Walden!

I ran into a formatting problem when trying to parse
out of an XML and write it to our files. I use RPG
/FREE and this way I could do with the parts what I
needed to do (hence the %CHAR). I would assume you
could part out your timestamp in a similar fashion and
write what you need using concatenations.  It may loko
clumsy, please bear in mind that I havent been writing
programs very long, so if there are any shortcuts, let
me know!

  #time = %timestamp();

  #hours = %subdt(#time:*h);
  #minutes = %subdt(#time:*mn);
  #seconds = %subdt(#time:*s);
  #year = %CHAR(%subdt(#time:*y));
  #month = %CHAR(%subdt(#time:*m));
  #day = %CHAR(%subdt(#time:*d));
  #msec = %subdt(#time:*ms);

Hope it helps.
JenR

 <WaldenL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

 > All,
 >
 > There's a date format option, a time format
 option, but not a timestamp
 > formation option. I have a timestamp field that I
 want to print. The
 > exact format I'm not hung up on, I just don't want
 the milliseconds. Any

 <blocked::http://www.techsoftinc.com/>

 > Quiquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
 > (Whatever is said in Latin seems profound.)
 >

 > --
 archives