DSPDBR only gives you the files - DSPFD TYPE(*MBR) also shows the exact members involved.

At 05:28 PM 8/31/2005, you wrote:

Terri,

I just tried this (v5r3) and got the results that Scott pointed out in the Help text. I.e., the 2nd logical is attached to the 2nd physical. Things get a little spooky if the original LF and PF are in different libraries (not something I recommend for this very reason). See Scott's snippet - item #2.

The only other condition that I've seen this happen on is when the LF is copied before the PF, which you said wasn't the case.

A final note: You mentioned using the DSPFD command. I'm speculating that that is a typo; I think you meant DSPDBR as that's the one that shows what LFs are attached to a PF.

My guess, then, is that the PF and LF were, originally, in different libraries.

        * Jerry C. Adams
*iSeries/i5 Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
        615.893.8633x152
fax
        615.995.1201
email
        jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

taccardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

What would stop a CRTDUPOBJ of a logical from pointing to the physical file at the top of my library list?

I created my duplicate physical file in my test library, using CRTDUPOBJ (with data *yes).
I added the test library to the top of by library list.
I created my duplicate logical file in my test library, using CRTDUPOBJ
When I perform a dspfd, the new logical is still pointing to the original physical.

This doesn't happen to all the logicals - just the ones created within the last year. None of the logical source(s) point to a specific library. We are on V5R3.
Terri Accardo
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Sunstone, Inc./Jezlaine Ltd.
8350 Lehigh Ave, Morton Grove, IL 60053