From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pete Helgren
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 9:04 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries; Midrange Mailing List
Subject: Re: Vary on pending

Going back and re-reading your original plus some follow up posts, I
think I understand the problem but since I haven't had experience with
the 3487 I don't know what the next logical step is.

Since the terminal works but the printer attached to it does not, that
tells me that the "balun" part of the connection is OK.  It is possible
that the electronics in the terminal were damaged in the move but I
don't know.

David, who moderates these lists, suggested that this isn't an
appropriate topic for the RPG list (true!) .  So I'll cross post this to

the midrange list.  You will need to subscribe to the Midrange-L list
(if you are not already subscribed) to see the responses.

Pete Helgren

Raby, Steve (GE Advanced Materials, consultant) wrote:

>Hi Pete,
>
>No it does not generate the device description that's why I am
wondering if my assumption about the AUTOCONFIG is correct, the SYSVAL
is set to on, the printer is connected by a parallel cable, I have
changed nothing about the configuration and it worked before we moved
it. I thought it might have been the cable as I had to make 3 new extra
long cables, but like I said I swapped the cable with a laser printer
which works ok on both cables so I did at least one thing right, first
cable I made took 5 attempts :-). I am still stumped.

>Steve

Either