Agreed.  I create the profile fresh each time and delete it when support is
through with it so that it's not sitting around on the system.  Still can't
figure out why an IBM technician would EMAIL a question about a customer's
password, though!  I shouldn't complain... they are still the best in the
business for support.

             rob@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:
             midrange-l-bounce                                          To
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            Midrange Systems Technical
                                       Discussion
                                       <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             08/24/2005 11:18                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: Re: direccion Ip]]
             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

That's why I change the password for my ibm support personnel each and
every time that it's used.  That, and it's easier for me to do a CHGUSRPRF
USRPRF(...) PASSWORD(...) then to remember what the password was.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

ChadB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
08/24/2005 10:09 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: Re: direccion Ip]]

I've had them ask me to create a SECOFR equivalent profile for them to
use,
but it's pretty rare.  Also, their method of access is usually over an
existing ECS VPN type setup started with the STRRMTSPT command.  There may
be different procedures in other countries, though...

I also gave a technician from IBM the signon details over the phone once
for one of these SECOFR equivalent signons and then when it didn't work,
she emailed me back saying that she had tried the password and even
specified the password that didn't work in the email! (She was keying it
wrong...).  I wasn't real happy that she did that... ;)

             "Raul A. Jager
             W."
             <raul@xxxxxxxxxx>                                          To

             Sent by:                  midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             midrange-l-bounce                                          cc

             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject

                                       [Fwd: [Fwd: Re: direccion Ip]]
             08/24/2005 10:54
             AM

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

I was surprised by this request, I will like your opinion.
Is it a normal procedure for IBM service to request a *SECOFR password
to diagnose a problem via telnet?

The message below is in spanish, a short translation is:

Juan Pablo, we need to access to your system in order to find out the
cause of your problems.
This is possible via Internet, to do it I need the IP address and that
you open port 23 in the firewall .
We also need an user type *SECOFR to get in the system.

In my place, will you open your machine like this?

Re: direccion Ip