When you migrated, did you do anything to the files like reorganize
them?  Should you?  Do the files have a lot of deleted records?

I'm assuming that IBM has looked into reorganizing by access path or
making new access paths...  Were any libraries left out of the move?
Perhaps the old box had an access path in another library that was
actually helping you?

Did any of the file's definition change between old and new?  Do a DSPFD
on both boxes and look for differences.

Do you still have the old box so that you can run some benchmarks?  You
might want to run in debug on both boxes to see what access paths are
being used.  I'd also be curious to know the difference in CPU seconds
between the 2 boxes.

Did you do any application upgrades / conversions that may have
rearranged the records in the files?  Have you turned on REUSEDLT?  Is
this green screen or client/server/odbc?  Have you done anything with
triggers or referential constraints that might be new?

Journaling?  Mirroring?  If journaling, are the receivers in their own
ASP?  Receivers are essentially sequential writes, so it's nice if
they're in their on ASP so they don't cause contention with other
updates.

Have you added any access paths to the physical files involved?  More
access paths means slower updates...

How were the logical files created on the new box - through a restore or
through some compile process?  Compiling in the 'wrong' order can cause
more access paths to be maintained by the system.  Restoring them will
typically cause the box to decide that LOGICALA can piggyback on
LOGICALB, etc, causing the system to have to maintain fewer access
paths.

Good luck.

Go... FASTER! Without an Upgrade!
ARCTOOLS/400(tm) and ReorgWizard(tm)