From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Don
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 6:48 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: SSA steps on COMMON - might this be a broader trend for LUGs?

OK....I'm going to raise an exception and concern here.

In RECENT TIMES (since I started the LUG Committee and later!), I've yet
to see COMMON conference management yet NOT be willing to make evening
meeting room space available AT CONFERENCE to accomodate a LUG meeting,
during conference, on conference real estate.  Now, my budget hasn't let
me goto all of the most recent conferences, but I know that all I was
involved with as chair and as far as I know, all that Glenn was involved
with as chair, and with ALOT of help from Maria, et al, went well with the
LUG (where there was still a LUG) being able to hold a evening meeting at
the conference, during the conference.  And since COMMON posts their
schedule a few years in advance, I've yet to see an affiliated LUG not be
able to work with or around the COMMON posted schedule to alls mutual
benefit.  (OK, you can breath now).

So, Paul, I don't get your point as frankly, I've not seen any problems
with LUG meetings or benefits, in recent history, being an issues...  What
am I not seeing here?  There's plenty other issues you and I agree on, but
this one I just don't see...what am I missing here?

(I'm waiting for Barsa to respond that I found yet another thing about
COMMON I liked...Come on Al, make my day...:) :) :)

Don in DC