Try changing your default font in Notepad..I had the same problem and I think
that's what I did to correct..Since you're viewing it as a .txt file, I think
Notepad takes precedence
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Urbanek, Marty
  To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 4:07 PM
  Subject: Re: spool file viewer in iSeries Navigator

  Rob,

  Thanks for the suggestions. I'm using V5R3.

  I tried picking a wide paper size. That helps a little because a smaller font
is used, however the overprinting and misalignment problems still exist. Things
that would have been lined up on a green screen or printed page are not ligned
up when displayed by the viewer.

  I discovered that if I right click on the report, I can drag it around with
the mouse and see the parts of the page that were previously off the screen.

  I am aware about dragging things to the desktop and viewing them in a text
viewer. It would just be much more convenient not to have to do this.

  I do not have the PDF option, so that must come with some other software
component.

  Kind of hard to accept that this viewer can't even handle displaying a joblog
as well as a 5250 screen or a text file in notepad.

  Thanks,
  -Marty

  ------------------------------

  date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 13:59:45 -0500
  from: rob@xxxxxxxxx
  subject: Re: spool file viewer in iSeries Navigator

  What version of iSeries Navigator?  V5R3 has gotten better at this.  They
  added an Autosize function.  SeeView, Paper Size and pick a size that
  matches a joblog.  Previously IBM picked some obscure thing by default
  that was unusable.

  Another option is to drag the spool file to your desktop or a folder under
  Explorer and view that text file.

  Another option is to right click on the spool file and select "Convert to
  PDF".  Now, I don't know if everyone gets that option, or just those with
  Infoprint Server installed.  You get a few options.  Like it will email
  it, save it in the IFS or stick it back on an output queue.