Tom,

IFAIK, it has _always_ been that way.

Given the object based nature of the OS and the DB integration into the OS, it
makes sense that _every_ program is implicitly a DB stored procedure.

Of course, it also is something that can bite you is the a$$ if you are not use
object level security.

As Vernon mentions, CALL QCMDEXC('DLTLIB MYLIB') is perfectly acceptable from
the STRSQL screen or the "Run SQL Scripts" application of iSeries Navigator.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343
fax: 513-398-1121