Re: QNTC and qsyseteuid

fixed

michael wrote on 07/12/2005 11:19:00 AM:

> I want to copy a file to an NT server. The permissions are set up
> correctly on the server. If I sign on as the 'special' user, I can use
> WRKLNK or CPY and access the file. If I use qsyseteuid I can access the
> directory (and any subdirectories) but not a file. If  I SBMJOB and
> specify USER('special user') I can also access the file.
>
> Anyone have insight as to why qsyseteuid would allow me to access the
> directory and not the file in the directory?

The difference between qsyseteuid and the other two is that when you use
qsyseteuid you are setting the effect user id of your thread to the
'special' user but you are retaining your current group profiles. You are
also not picking up any group profiles of the 'special' user the way you
would on a sign-on or SBMJOB. So it sounds like the 'special' user has
authority to the directories but their group has authority to the files in
those directories.

Ed Fishel,
edfishel@xxxxxxxxxx