> > Do yourself a favor and create a UDF to handle the conversion.
>
> Oh crap.  Something else to learn. <vbg>
>
> Thanks, I'll figure it out.

Woohoo!  I got it!

How does this look:

Create Function Dilgard/ISOToDec
        (ISODate Date )
        Returns Decimal(8,0)
        Language SQL
        Deterministic
        Contains SQL
        Returns NULL on NULL Input
        No External Action
        Set Option DbgView = *Source,
                   DatFmt = *ISO
BEGIN
        Declare CvtDate DEC(8,0);
        Declare InvalidDate Condition For '22007' ;
        Declare Continue HANDLER for InvalidDate
        Set CvtDate = 00010101;
        Set CvtDate = Dec(Substr(Char(ISODate,ISO),1,4) Concat
                          Substr(Char(ISODate,ISO),6,2) Concat
                          Substr(Char(ISODate,ISO),9,2));

        Return CvtDate;
END;

I don't know what some of it means just yet, but it works!