Sorry.  That's one of those things that starts to make sense once you've
read some of the subsequent posts.  My fingers were just faster than my
brain.

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571
daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      "Walden H. Leverich"

                      <WaldenL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           To:
    "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion"
                      Sent by:
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      midrange-l-bounces+daparnin=niscoseals.com@m        cc:

                      idrange.com
Subject:  RE: V5R3 Backup w/Checkpoint and Ragged Restore

(was: RE: Help       me    Justify iSeries)

                      05/27/2005 03:51 PM

                      Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical

                      Discussion

Dave,

Actually, we're looking at a situation where there are actual updates
running 24x7 under commitment control. There are actually some jobs that
run multiple DAYS with commitment control, and in some cases run many
minutes between commits. We've found SWA to be useless before V5R3
because of the requirement to get to a common commit point across jobs.
With V5R3 that requirement goes away. I was worried Al was saying
something else, but he wasn't.

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III
Tech Software