In our product installation routine we restore the new release to a
library using RSTOBJ and then run a series of CPYF commands to copy the
old data into the new files.  Occasionally we run into this problem.

 CPF5090    Notify                  30   05/26/05  17:33:14.455768
 QDBSIGEX     QSYS        01D5     QCPGENIO    QSYS        01E8
 Message . . . . :   Unique access path problems prevent updates to member

The second level help looks something like this, depending on the file and
library names.

 Cause . . . . . :   The unique keyed access path of member ABC file
   ABC in library XYZ cannot be maintained.  Therefore, the record
   of member number 1 in member ABC file ABC in library XYZ
   cannot be changed.  If member ABC from file XYZ has just been.....

The problem is that after the RSTOBJ command finishes it appears that some
background process is doing something to build the access paths.  So we
start copying data into the files before that process completes and if
there are UNIQUE access paths waiting to be built the command fails.

These files are almost all empty when they are restored and when they were
saved on our system we specified ACCPTH(*YES) on the SAVOBJ command.

When I first encountered this problem a few years ago, it was on just one
specific file, so I just added a RPGZPGM command before the CPYF to fix
the access paths.  I am now getting it on more files, so I am looking for
a better solution.

Is there some parameter I can specify on RSTOBJ or some command I can run
afterwards that will just "fix this"?  Again, only a handful of the files
have any data at all, and those only have a few records.  So building the
access path should not be a problem.

Thanks

Mark

Scanned for SoftLanding Systems, Inc. by IBM Email Security Management Services