Or if J2EE is not the route you want to go, there are *two* competent
scripting languages available for the iSeries that should allow you to
keep your business logic in RPG and provide a quick time-to-web.

Net.Data can get you up and running on the web almost immediately and
definitely will allow you to call RPG programs containing your
business logic.  I can't say how much longer it will be around, but
IBM has officially stated that they will continue to support it on the
iSeries.  All of the interactive functionality of
www.estes-express.com is currently written in Net.Data.

PHP can be run in the PASE environment and *should* be able to call
stored procedures (it appears to be able to from what I've seen/read),
so it should be able to call your RPG business logic as stored
procedures.  Given IBM's recent announcements about PHP, I would
recommend going in this direction.

But, as others have said, I would *not* recommend writing heads down
data entry apps for the browser.  IMHO, the best marriage of 5250 and
the browser is to exploit the strengths of both.  5250 for heads down
data entry/browser for heads up data analysis.  That provides
competitive advantage for your customer.

Mike E.