First of all, IBM has been direct on the future ability to change job time,
so I would not hang my hand in RTVJOBA.

The best way to get date/time is the new system value QDATETIME, which
retrieves it to millisecond's.  (QTIME only goes to 3 decimal places after
the second, whereas QDATETIME goes to 6.)

Regardless of which you use, you will have to pass the answer from CL1 to
CL2, because the timing issue will always exist.

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-9406 fax

             "Willie J. Moore"
             Sent by:                  <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             midrange-l-bounce                                          cc
                                       Which on best RTVSYSVAL or RTVJOBA
             04/22/2005 09:58
             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems

I have two CL's, CL1 calls CL2. I want the date when CL1 is entered to also
be the date used in CL2.
CL1 starts at 11:30pm and runs jobs. The call from CL1 to CL2 could be
before mid-night or after depending on how long CL1 takes to run.
I would like help determining which of these commands would be the best for
what I want to do.
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
William Moore