No, I found the bug.

I keep speaking too soon out loud about the problem.  It
was a stupid counter declared too small causing the
limitation.  Written about 8 years ago of course.  :)

The next limitation WOULD be what I thought it was, and
that would be more than 32000 pages in the report.  That
would be around a 280meg PDF file, still not close to the
max for the XREF of 10gig.  But certainly better than 3000.
 And fairly unrealistic as far as what I would think
someone would want to convert.  (never know I guess).

Right now I'm running a test on the fix and if it works,
I'll be putting a service pack out for SPLTOOL tonight.
 But of course my test will run for another 5 hours.  :)

Anyone using SPLTOOL and wanting this update, watch
www.bvstools.com/spltool.html for a new service pack and a
note by it stating this is the fix.  Contact me off line
from here on out regarding this (not at my email used here,
but one listed at bvstools.com/contact.html) and I'm happy
to answer any questions.  I'll also be sending a
note/newsletter out to my customers regarding this.

Thanks!

Brad
www.bvstools.com