Around 1997 I was at a shop that brought in ACMS - saved our behinds in many ways. But I was frustrated with the promises Affinitit that did come to fruition at the time - maybe it has now.

Went to another company in 1999, one of the first things we did was get TurnOver. As I recall, one of my deciding points was the flexibility of TurnOver vs. the strict promotion structure of Aldon. Also, Aldon used to keep create information for everything in files, where TurnOver gets the information from existing objects at the time of creation - ACMS will take more space on your system. That's a very gross generalization, based on historical knowledge - haven't looked at ACMS in awhile. And what objects are in an application is handled differently - ACMS has this in files, again, where TurnOver basically uses the contents of a set of libraries as defining what is in an application.

Re: training, SoftLanding was able to do this over the phone for the change management piece, even 6 years ago. In either case, some kind of training is essential, especially if you've not used one of these things before. And with web conferencing, the remote training methods are easier - but I can't speak for what they will do.

We're using TurnOver at RJS primarily for change management. It has a very nice integration with WDSC - have not seen Aldon's, so cannot conpare.

HTH
Vern