RE: AS/400 - iSeries uptime statistics

fixed

>(I recall one IBM presentation showing something like 99.9% uptime
>for NT, and showing how many days a year that meant it was down, vs.
how
>many minutes for an AS/400).

On what hardware? Obviously it's in IBM's interest (at least Rochester's
interest) to show NT as unstable. And anything looking at "NT" is
extremely old anyway.

For example, Stratus, a well respected server maker, is showing 99.9996%
uptime right now. (http://www.stratus.com/uptime/ftserver.htm) That's
about 2 minutes of down time in a year.

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III