Hi Charles

without wanting to provide quotable benchmarking figures, yes the DVD's are incredibly slow. My recollection is something like 4 1/2 hours for a system save versus about 45 minutes in a 3580 (thereabouts anyway).

I was also disappointed that they are not supported by BRMS. I'm taking this as a sign,

Regards
Evan Harris

Ok,

Some more info.

On the SAVSAVFDTA job, for a long, long time, the job showed 39 milliseconds of CPU time used.

But finally, after about 70min. The job finished, only showed 1 second used of CPU time.

Now, for comparison, the creation of the save file took only about 5min. The save file size ended up being just over 3 gigs.

Is 45 MB/min correct or what? My PC DVD burner, using an RW disk with the packet writing driver InCD, does much better than that.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343
fax: 513-398-1121