Tim Ellifritz wrote:
> Let me be totally ignorant for a minute. How do I install WDSCi + CODE? Is
> it an app that has to be installed on the pc or the iseries or both? I'm
> sure the answer lies somewhere in the references that I have dug through
> yet.

WDSCi & CODE are installed via CD-ROM on the client PC.  The CD-ROM should,
I think, automatically come with any V5R* OS install package for which the
WDS license is included.

We're on OS/400 V5R2 and we had the WDSCi CD-ROMs for version 5.0.  About a
month ago, we called our business partner and asked him to order the newer
5.1.2 version that came out a few months ago.  It is a free upgrade (at
least for us, YMMV?)  Follow the web link that Charles provided if you need
to order it.

One other clarification.  If you have any of the compilers on the system,
you'll at least have the base part of the WDS license installed.  I just
found out that we need option 60 (Workstation Tools - Base) of that Licensed
Program Product (LPP) installed in order to take advantage of some features
that we're trying to use.  To find out what you have, on an OS/400 command
line, type GO LICPGM, take option 10 (Display installed licensed programs),
and scroll til you see the 5722WDS, press F11 twice to toggle to the screen
that shows the Product Option column.  (This is assuming V5R2; can't say for
certain what other VnRn's will show.)

Good luck!

db