Save while active (SWA) question

fixed

I'm going to change most backups to use a SWA scenario.  In a SWA
environment, you monitor a message queue for the checkpoint processing
complete.  Is there a preference to one of the following ways of doing it:

Option 1
========
Controlling CL program
        - calls a CL to stop QINTER, jobqs, etc.
        - submits a job to QCTL that monitors the msgq for checkpoint
                (when reached, this submitted job restarts QINTER, etc)
        - performs the backup
        - done

Option 2
========
Controlling CL program
        - calls a CL to stop QINTER, jobqs, etc.
        - submits a job to QCTL that performs the backup
        - monitors the msgq for checkpoint
        - restarts QINTER, etc
        - done

In option 1, the SAVxxx commands are done interactive with the msgq
monitoring in batch.

In option 2, the msgq monitoring is done interactive with the SAVxxx
commands in batch.

Is there a caveat to one or the other of these?

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.

company.  Unless I say so.