window border,top & bottom, disappears on redisplay

I have a program that displays a window.  The window has default borders. it
uses *DFT to locate the window, although I tried solving my problem with a
fixed location and that made no difference.

The window displays and acts just fine.  If a change is made in the window
and the program fails to validate one of the fields, the window redisplays.
 However when it redisplays, the overlayed screen is blank, and the top and
bottom borders of the window have disappeared.

The DSPF is compiled with rstdsp(*YES).

I solved the problem by "write(E)" the overlayed screen, but that seems
kludgy, and it moves the placement of the window on the screen.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Booth Martin
http://www.martinvt.com