I wonder if this is for the sign. If all your values are non-negative, you'll have a blank in there, and a minus sign otherwise.

At 07:28 AM 10/15/2004, you wrote:
I'm having a problem moving data to the IFS and having the record layout of
the IFS file match its source file in DB2/400.  This is the scenario:
I have a file in DB2/400 that has to be moved to a PC shareable drive.  For
security reasons we do not want to FTP the file.  If I use the CPYTOIMPF
command alpha fields move fine but numeric fields have an additional byte
added to them (In DB2/400 the field is defined 11 bytes with 0 decimal
positions zoned) and when it gets to the IFS the record layout is shifted 1
byte for each numeric field sent.
If I copy the DB2/400 file data to a source file and use the CPYTOSTMF
command, the resulting file is shifted one byte.
Any suggestions?

Bill Erhardt
Baldwin Hardware

This message was scanned for viruses.