Many, many moons ago I noticed just how provincial we Americans are. I was visiting the Niagra Falls area.

On the Canadian side of the border everyone was eager and willing to take US dollars. In tourist traps, cash registers had 2 sets of drawers-- one for Canadian and one for US; the totals came up in both US and Canadian dollars.

On the US side of the border, there were signs in a lot of stores that said "US Currency ONLY!!!"

And I don't think it was just because of the exchange rate!

--Paul E Musselman