An i5 requires an HMC if you plan on using lpar or Capacity upgrade on

We have one HMC controlling both our 520 and our 570.  Both the 520 and
the 570 are lpared.

Rob Berendt
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755

"Jeff Crosby" <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
10/05/2004 02:58 PM
Please respond to

"'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Fax to

RE: Installing i5 520

> Power on the HMC display
> Then power on the HMC itself,
> and lastly power on the system.

Does an i5 _require_ something other than a twinax console?  If so, what
the benefits?  Looks like I have more reading to do . . .

Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.
P.O. Box 13369
Ft. Wayne, IN 46868-3369