I'm guessing he may have been referring to Linoma Surveyor...

Operations Navigator is now called iSeries Navigator.  There is a product
called iSeries Access for the web.  This will allow you to do most, if not
all, of iSeries Access tasks that you could do from a thick client on
their web based client.  I believe there are even options that are not
supported on the thick client that are only available on the web client.
Perhaps this would work for you.  You could even use the web based 5250
emulator, or GUI it up a bit with HATS.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/ic2924/info/rzamm/rzammaccessweb.htm