Re: ISP blocking port 25, how to send mail from Iseries

fixed

You did not say if you tried what I suggested in message
"change SMTP with WRKSRVTBLE"

If that does not work I took a program that Scott Klement wrote for his socket tutorial, and reworked it, it will listen on a port and connect on another port it will take a little reworking to do what you want. And you should be able to put in a connect on the POP account if you need it to authenticate the account before you can send SMTP traffic.

John Ross

Art Tostaine, Jr. wrote:

Is there a way to make SMTP use a different port than 25 on the
Iseries?  If I could use 587, I could use my mail ISP's server, and
they've got much better tech support than cablevision.