I wonder if you are using the /tmp directory.  Here is a snip from the memo
to users for v5r3:

<snip>

3.14 Creation of /tmp, /var, /QOpenSys/var, and /QOpenSys/var/preserve
directories

In V5R3, the /tmp, /var, /QOpenSys/var, and /QOpenSys/var/preserve
directories are created with the Restricted rename and unlink attribute
set to Yes. (Note: this attribute is equivalent to the S_ISVTX mode bit
for a directory.) As a result, after an IPL of V5R3 (for the /tmp
directory) and after an OS/400 PASE install (for all of the other
directories), you can no longer rename or unlink objects within these
directories unless one of the following is true:

*  You are the owner of the object.
*  You are the owner of the directory.
*  You have all object (*ALLOBJ) special authority.

This attribute (or mode bit) is similar to the other attributes in that
it can be turned on or off. You can do this using the Change Attribute
(CHGATR) CL command or the Qp0lSetAttr or chmod APIs, provided you are
the owner of the object, or you have all object (*ALLOBJ) special
authority.

</snip>

Bryan Dietz
Aktion Associates