Brad,

I'm no expert at this.  But as I understand it, *IPDS is basically a subset
of *AFPDS.  So *AFPDS can do everything *IPDS can do and more.

I've not yet had a problem just changing the printer file type from *IPDS to
*AFPDS and printing it to a HPT printer.

Note, the only catch is a native printer defined TYPE(*IPDS)  AFP(*NO) can
print *IPDS but not *AFPDS.  Additionally to have a native printer defined
TYPE(*IPDS) AFP(*YES) that can handle *AFPDS spool files, you need the extra
cost PSF/400 license program.

Charles