Ron,

Actually the TSLPRD tool (from IBM) should be just as easy and is for
devices instead of a remote writer. A device has advantages over a
remote writer when managing them especially if they are shared on the
network.

http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/0/b3d7c3a57ab8e44c8625688d004f8309?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=5

or for those whose mail reader mangles long URLs

*http://tinyurl.com/6wsv3*

Also, in playing with the existing devices I must have used the SETRMTPQ
as the PORT parm in CRTDEVPRT doesn't affect the destination.

Just on a whim I tried to debug the SETRMTPQ CPP and found an otherwise
hidden error message about trying to use QSYS without authority.

Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding...

Tried it again as a QSECOFR member and =-O    surprise. It works now.

Now this is in the archive for the next time I space out.

Thanks anyway.

Roger