From: rob@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:rob@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 3:53 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Little help on email using SNDDST or QtmmSendMail

That was the second part of my first response.  See if you can get a copy
of Dave Leland's program.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

rick.baird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
08/19/2004 03:35 PM
Please respond to

cc

Fax to

Subject
RE: Little help on email using SNDDST or QtmmSendMail

Scott, Rob and Tom,

Thanks for the MSF info.   I put in the autostart job, and we'll see what
happens as far as sequence of starting, on the next system save.

now, to my other question.   I would like to be able to send a simple
e-mail, with a single attachment via RPG program.

I assume that means using the QtmmSendMail API and MIME.

I've scanned IBMs site, I've looked at the MIME specifications, I've tried
to follow examples I've seen,  I've scanned the archives  - although one
problem with that, i've found at least a third of the posts have that
little "this is a multipart/MIME" message in them, so I get way more hits
than I should.

Maybe I'm dense, but I can't make heads or tails of it.  What I've found
on
the subject is either too simple or way too complicated.

Could someone provide me with a simple, bare bones MIME formatted text
file
example that shows:

subject and reply-to address (if that is indeed where it goes)
2 or three lines of text
an attachment

This will not need to be fancy, it's for internal use only - RPG program
will send out email notifications of jobs that don't complete
successfully,
and will sometimes attach a .CSV file from the IFS.

any direction in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

list