Pam,

If I understand you correctly...

1) Remote users signing on with CA to the 400 behind the firewall
2) spool files on the 400 will be sent to their printers via LPD/LPR

In that case, as far as the printing goes, the firewall probably doesn't
matter as most of them allow pretty much anything to go outwards.

It is possible that your firewall has been locked down to prevent incoming
and outgoing traffic.  In which case, you should be able to open it up based
on the destination port of the outgoing traffic.  Which as Scott already
mentioned is normally 515 for LPR/LPD.

Scott also brought up a good point about securing the output flowing across
the net.

HTH,
Charles