This shouldn't fix the problem, but have you tried another mail sending
program besides SNDDST??

I have had good luck with SNDM (
http://homepage1.nifty.com/uzaemon/#download )

It has a parm for a relay host, so you could try using the verizon.net
host.

Good luck,
----------------------------
Bryan Dietz
Aktion Associates

midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 08/04/2004 08:34:31 AM:

-> Disclaimer:  You don't know what you're getting into.  People have been
-> trying to fix this issue on and off list for over 6 months with really
no
-> progress.  Just to let you know.
->
-> >   IBM Is correct. The ***** is your firewall protecting your
-> > mail server. However that is not stopping inbound mail. I
-> > just connected and sent a simple message to
-> > qsecofr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx No idea if that's a valid address
-> > but it took it.
->
-> What does the ******* gain us?  Someone helping me off list said this
-> ******** was a problem and needed fixing.  The Router Guy yesterday said
the
-> router/firewall was _not_ doing the *******, to the best of his
knowledge.
-> Today I get to call him and tell him he was mistaken. <g>
->
-> >   You are having problems with outbound side. So option 2)
-> > lack of a ptr record could be important. There isn't one, I
-> > just checked.
->
-> That's an issue with our ISP, right?  That would be Verizon.
->
-> > Some mail services won't accept mail from an IP
-> > with no ptr.
->
-> A Centennial guy told me they verify the sender is who he says he is.  I
-> think this is exactly what he is talking about.
->
-> > You are not on any blacklists so that's not the
-> > issue. Do you have some other mail server in the building
-> > that can relay for you?  One option is to use CHGSMTPA to
-> > point outbound mail at another server (i.e. domino or qmail
-> > or sendmail or postfix or imail or ....) and then just let
-> > that server deliver the mail.
->
-> I could change every PC to use 'outgoing.verizon.net' as the outgoing
mail
-> server, but that doesn't help the iSeries trying to send email to my
-> cellphone in a power outage with the SNDDST command.  Is there some way
-> tell SMTP on the iSeries to send mail via 'outgoing.verizon.net'?
->
-> >    Can you send mail to NON cellphone addresses, especially
-> > internal addresses?
->
-> Yes, Centennial cellphones are the only addresses (that I know of) that
we
-> cannot email to.  We can email to Verizon phones just fine.
->
-> --
-> Jeff Crosby