> From: CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Well, ok then if that the limit of your software then I guess native
I/O
> is the thing to use.

I'm going to step back for a moment now, Charles.  I think we've beaten
this pretty much to death and it's getting a teeny bit testy in this
thread <grin>.

It will be interesting to see your response to the subfile question
because it's obvious you're very adept at the SQL side of things.  I'm
impressed with your knowledge, and I'll try to incorporate all your
suggestions in my test beds.  I sincerely hope you'll come over to the
IAAI site and help us make meaningful comparisons.

Since I'm biased towards native I/O (in part because I'm nowhere near
the expert you are in SQL), it's probable that my test programs will not
accurately reflect the strengths of a good SQL solution.

SQL vs. native I/O is going to be one of the first things the IAAI will
focus on for benchmarking, so I hope you'll take the opportunity to
provide your expertise to properly represent SQL.

Thanks a million for participating in this discussion.  It's certainly
kept me on my toes!  And apologies for any brusqueness in my tnoe; it's
not intended.

Joe